No more class from April 2015 onwards due to unexpected cricumstances.
Hopefully could resume after mid-september 2015
- Part 1: Management and monitoring of common injuries
- Part 2: Management and monitoring of common illnesses
(Please note that this course complements the Singapore Red Cross First aid course where life threatening emergencies are reviewed with CPR. The h.e.l.p. agency first aid course doesn’t address CPR which is total exception in a baby or a child. The h.e.l.p. agency addresses more frequent health emergencies such as a head concussion or a high fever just to mention 2 situations)
> Course objective : recognize a health emergency in a baby or a child, perform the adequate initial treatment and decide appropriately when parents should be called.
> Material : each student gets her own booklet with the full content of the course;
> Course assessment: based on scenarios. Results of the assessment are reported on the certificate of attendance.
> Course content :
- Part 1 : injuries
- Basics of hands hygiene (why? How? Which products and techniques?)
- Skin injuries (Cuts, bruises, scratches and burns) – Practical: dressings
- Falls ( Head injury, head concussion, body injuries, dental injuries)
- Bleeding (management, the case of nose bleeding)
- Pain assessment tools
- Accident monitoring sheets
- Part 2 : illnesses
- Preventing the spread of a disease: basic knowledge about germs and infections
- Checking body temperature;
- Heat illness and discomfort;
- Illnesses of the respiratory tract: abnormal cough, choking (with practical exercises on mannequins, baby and child);
- Illnesses of the digestive tract (vomiting, diarrhea);
- Illnesses and injuries of the eye;