What we do
The H.e.l.p. agency is not a maid agency; we don’t process WP application and we don’t offer matching services between prospective employers and domestic helpers. For processing WP application, please get in touch with David Besnsadon fomr “We are caring Pte Ltd” Link is here.
The H.e.l.p. agency is a training firm focusing on health and first aid issues. We offer :
- For domestic helpers (in English):
- courses about Common health emergencies with children aged 0 to 15 years old
- Talks about Women’s Health isues (woman’s body, birth control, sexually transmitted diseases)
- For parents of young children (in French):
- Course about Pediatric Emergencies (Assesment , Recognition and Learning) the PEARL course
- Talks bout hiring a FDW (legal issues)
- Talks about hiring a FDW (relationship with a live-in helper)
(*) Live-in: domestic helper who lives 24/7 at her employer’s place. In Singapore domestic help comes in only 2 forms:
- “live-in” helper who must be a foreigner from authorized sourcing countries. She isn’t allowed to reside at any other place than her employer’s residential address.
- Part-time helper who must be a Singaporean national or PR.
The founder and director: Anne Genetet
An in-depth knowledge of helpers
Anne Genetet is a French expatriate and medical doctor (GP) who settled in Singapore in 2005. She has been involved in several NGOs that provide support to migrant workers. She has volunteered as a medical doctor in a shelter for domestic helpers who are at odds with their employers. She also conducts seminars for HOME Academy in the Caregiver class and the Sexual Health class.
She is also qualified to run a “maid agency” though she decided not to apply for a license. She successfully passed the Singapore Polytechnic Certificate for Employment Agencies, required by MOM (Ministry of Manpower) to apply for a Maid Agency License in Singapore. Attending this course has given to her an in depth knowledge of all legal and administrative issues related to work permit for Foreign Domestic Workers.
A career dedicated to human relationships
Her present interest in the condition of Foreign Domestic Workers in Asia is consistent with her career that has always been dedicated to human relationships, education, and transmission of knowledge through various positions:
- GP with precarious population,
- GP with newborns, infants and kindergarten children with French National Health Service,
- Medical journalist with French medical press magazine,
- Copywriter and medical director with a medical advertising company,
- Senior medical consultant on health risk management, pandemic issues and business continuity planning with multinational companies.
- Certified by Singapore Red Cross Society as a First Aid caregiver
An active expatriate in Singapore
Anne Genetet is very active on social networks being a member of various expatriate support groups such as Singapore Expat Wives, SingaFrog and Singapour Nanas. She is also the administrator of 2 other support groups: Singapour Parents d’Enfants Hors du Nid and SingaporCondifentiELLEs. She has been an editor for the magazine of the French expatriate community in Singapore and was an elected parent on the Educational Committee of the French School in Singapore for several years. Hence Anne Genetet has close links with the expatriate community whose specificities are well known to her.
She has launched her own blog dedicated to health specificities in Singapore and in sub-tropical conditions (in French): Singapour Santé. The link is here.
She graduated in 1994 from Paris Medical School as a GP and in 1999 as a medical journalist at Paris University Pierre & Marie Curie. She is a certified first aid caregiver from the Singapore Red Cross society and from the French Red Cross for adults, children and infants. She is also certified in CPR and automated external defibrillation.